I spent the weekend in Paris, which was awesome. We took the Chunnel over which was very fun and also allowed us to see some English and French countryside. When we arrived, we checked into a very nice hotel near the Gare De Lion train station and left almost immediately for the boat tour of Paris.
Paris at night is even more beautiful then during the day, if possible. Everything glows, lit up and sparkling against the night sky. The Eiffel Tower practically shoots off glitter each hour during its light show. Only a few of us chose to do the boat tour that night, but it was definitely worth it. After, I went back to the hotel with the group. I lucked out and had a room to myself, so I stretched out and slept.
I am going to split my posts about Paris up over a few days, because there is just so much to write about and so many pictures I just can’t summarize it into one.
Sienna and I in front of the Eiffel Tower on the dock, waiting to board the boat.
The French light up their entire city, all night every night, giving everything this glow.
The river was so busy, full of other boats with tourists and pleasure-cruisers, as the private boats are called that roam the river at night.
This bridge was gorgeous. It was built over 400 years ago, although clearly has been checked and renovated since.

No comments:
Post a Comment