Saturday, February 6, 2010, Bus Tour and Eiffel Tower
Saturday afternoon, the tour continued with the Louvre. We saw the Mona Lisa and a few other high spots. We went back to the hotel to relax for an hour. We were on our own for the rest of the trip. A group of 10 of us went out to dinner, which involved a metro trip and a decent walk in heels, but the restaurant was completely worth it. My History of London professor recommended it; after an hour wait, it proved to be worth it. So glad we went.
The food was delicious, the wine was amazing, and there are no words to describe the chocolate tart I had for dessert. Definitely the best meal I have had in Europe. Everyone else tried escargot, which surprisingly smelled very appetizing. Interesting fact: snails count as a shellfish allergy due to the oils their shells produce, so none for me. The French eat late, so after we finished our last bottle of wine, those of us who wanted to sightsee on Sunday headed back to the hotel while the rest of the group went out to investigate the local nightlife.
I feel the need to photograph things I interact with that have a form of Coté on them. Our table split several bottles of the while and red.
Granted, I could have photographed everything in Paris, since loads of things said "Coté
We took a few photos with ourselves in them, since I have noticed when I upload my pictures, there are very few with people in them, just scenery. And I need proof we were there too!
Paris is just full of laughs, clearly. Can you tell we were getting hungry and bored? But, oh, the food was so worth it!

No comments:
Post a Comment