Sunday, February 7, 2010 The Louvre
After church, I split from my friend and found a cute little café. I sat at a small table by the window and ordered chocolate and fresh berry crepes and a coffee. It was so yummy, again. The food in France is amazing- all weekend we feasted on baguettes, croissants, and cheese. I wanted to bring it all back to England with me.
I spent another couple hours at the Louvre, first meeting up with a few friends then finishing up alone. You would need weeks to see everything it really is massive. I took the metro back to the hotel, where I had checked out before church and locked my luggage in their storage room. Our group of students were checked off and loaded onto a bus to catch our train back.
Another Chunnel train; during which I slept the whole time. We arrived back in London around 7.30PM. We took the Tube back to Kensington, where our dorms are located, and I was unpacked by 8:30PM. I attempted to stay up for the Superbowl but the weekend wore me out and I didn’t make it much past the 1st quarter.
It was a great weekend, but busy. My favorite things were the food and Notre Dame. My least favorite was the metro system and the hour time difference. Losing an hour going over was just enough to throw me off. I was very happy to come back to London, with no language barrier and extremely straightforward public transit.

No comments:
Post a Comment