Friday, January 15, 2010

Wicked World

The good news is; it is getting easier. I have been sleeping better, and I went out and bought another pillow and blanket which made my bed much more comfy. The jet lag is slowly abating, and we have discovered some cute, affordable food places that make eating much better as well. I can only have dry Rice Crispies so many times before it looses the appeal.

Last night was Theater Night, so we all dressed nicely and went down to the West End. I saw Wicked for the first time and I loved it. One of the greatest shows I have seen. The West End really reminded me of New York City. It was crowded and pushy with theaters every 10 feet. We took the Tube, which I have yet to really figure out but plan on doing so soon.

Afterwards I was able to Skype with my family and a couple friends, which really helped my homesickness. My roommate and I stayed up talking for a while, and it was nice to get to know her a little better. Her name is Whitnie, and she has been here since fall semester. I am definitely taking advantage of her expertise! I do not know how she does it, since I am a complete baby about missing everyone and everything, but I am trying to pick up as many tips as I can. I know Skype and emails are helping me, and I got a cell phone that allows me to make very affordable international calls, so that helps tremendously.

Today I met up with a couple new friends and we did a little shopping, grabbed lunch and coffee. Tonight we have the Boat Party, a tour of the Thames. It is the last orientation event, and is supposed to be fun, but extremely cold. We get to dress up, which I love, although right now I am attempting to work Underarmour into a fancy dress outfit. It is just as difficult as it sounds.

Pictures will be posted soon! Missing everyone tons.

No comments:

Post a Comment