Classes have begun! I have made it through 3 full days, and yet to buy a book but that’s another story. I am taking 5 courses, 15 credits. A regular semester load. Hypothetically I can drop one if I need to, but I would prefer to suck it up and be busy I think. Plus, I really don’t want an 18 credit semester next year. Those are NO fun.
Mondays I have 2 classes, History of London and Travel Writing. History of London is taught by the man who ran the Jack the Ripper walking tour, which gave me a real, wake up shaking, terrifying, vivid, OMG, nightmare. I think it’s going to be excellent. Everyone says he is slightly crazy, it’s a ton of work, but you end up learning TONS.
Travel Writing I transferred into late, after dropping a modern art class (the drip painting just don’t do anything for me) and spending several frantic hours emailing back and forth with my new professor and my adviser at PITT making sure the class was approved. It sounds very interesting in theory, and I love reading and writing, and I am working on loving my traveling experience, so it should be right up my ally.
Tuesdays and Thursdays are the same, with 3 classes. Ethics in Media, for which my teacher is Portuguese and I am slightly confused if we actually need 1 book or 10, lunch break, Contemporary British Theater, for which I definitely need 10 books, and Comparative World Religions. It seems to me the British are “mad” (did anyone else hear about the British lady who’s been breast feeding her dog… ?) and the professors more so. I have a flamboyant gay theater man and an aging biker hippy man for my last 2 classes. But, I also think they might be fun. And extremely entertaining think of those stories!
Wednesday- today- I just have one class, History of London, but it’s field trip day! Now, this is at once very exciting and even more exhausting. I am currently propped up with my extra pillows in bed, and my feet are just beginning to get some feeling back. We walked all around center city (the Square Mile) London today, for two and a half hours, in the freezing drizzle. Everything they say about London weather is true, but worse. Anyway, my professor is psycho, but fun. He is certainly very knowledgeable and I have no doubt I will learn a lot, work a lot, and sleep very well on Wednesday nights.

No comments:
Post a Comment