Syracuse was awesome. The weekend was just what I needed. I hadn’t seen Kyle’s dorm, since I didn’t help him move in and it is so wonderful to be able to able to picture where he lives.
BF and I drove out early, early, early Saturday morning. I was so happy BF agreed to come with me so I didn’t have to drive out by myself. The drive was gorgeous. We had perfect, 65F weather, partially sunny days and beautiful, changing leaves.
Sunday, we left right after breakfast. My original thoughts were getting back to school to work on homework and get ready for the week. On the drive up, we’d seen so many signs for Niagara Falls and had wondered how close we were. On the drive back, we finally passed a sign that said 30 miles. Well, that decided it. When else would we be this close?
We looked at our tiny computer MapQuest map, and got off at the next exit. How hard could it be? No, we didn’t have a map of NY state or a GPS system, or even an internet capable phone, but we were on a mission!
It turned out to be super easy, which was lucky. It was an unplanned adventure, but so fun, like the best adventures are.
Niagara Falls was beautiful, and I felt like such a grown-up on my little excursion with BF. We got back to the car after about an hour and drove back to Pittsburgh. All together, we spent about 14 hours in the car that weekend, but it was a perfect one. So much fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment