Sorry I haven't been updating as frequently. It’s been a challenging week. I had midterms and 4 essays due and something about constant schoolwork takes the fun out of studying abroad. It was stressful; everything I submitted was worth 30-40% of my final grade.
This is longest I have ever been away from home, the longest I’ve gone without seeing my family and friends and cuddling with my dog. I heard (and noticed) that many of my friends here are also down this week. We talk about home a lot more then usual and the people we miss, what our friends at home are planning for spring break. The school stress makes you miss the school comforts and home comforts even more.
The sun (we’ve had some sun every single day this week! Unheard of in London!) has helped me out though. Something about the constant dreary weather just pulls me down, and knowing I can take a sunny walk in the park everyday helped tremendously.
I leave for the first part of my spring break trip on Monday; I am spending 2 days in Dublin with a friend from here. I am excited, and it is just the thing to get me back into the groove. I am back in London for a day or so, then on Thursday I leave for Berlin, to stay with a friend from high school who is studying abroad there. I come back to school Saturday, and classes start up again Monday.
Speaking of high school friends, Stephanie is here! She is spending the weekend of her spring break here in London, staying with me. Her actual semester program is in Florence, Italy, and she is enjoying it so far.
Now let's hope this sun sticks around!

No comments:
Post a Comment