Her visit went quickly, partially because I was still in class on Wednesday and Thursday. Friday we went shopping on Oxford Street, wandering into the famous Selfridges’s department store, affordable Primark, and making special stops at Gap and Urban Outfitters to remind us of home. Saturday we hit up an open-air food market, where we drooled over all the goodies. The sun seems to be sticking around, so we also spent some time wandering my neighborhood, catching up on the news since winter break.
We went out dancing one night and to a traditional pub another. Last night we got take-away Chinese, chocolate chip cookies, and curled up with a movie. Perfect end to a wonderful visit.
Borough Market. I found it very overwhelming at first, but we stuck together and didn't lose anyone permanently. The scents were incredible, I wished I hadn't eaten breakfast so I could have eaten everything in sight there.
Little hidden passageway under the stairs at the market.
The sunshine was incredible on Saturday. Look at the sky reflected in the windows behind the "City of London" Dragon. So beautiful. Below, Stephanie and I at the local pub, Gloucester Arms.
Today is filled with laundry and packing for me. I leave for Dublin tomorrow morning. I am not a nervous traveler usually, but the idea of getting myself to this little airport on the outskirts of London is making me anxious. The trip to the airport involves the tube, bus and a train each way. Luckily, I am flying to Dublin with another girl before I attempt it on my own later this week when I leave for Berlin.
I have been printing tickets, exchanging Pounds for Euros, and making sure everything is in order for both trips. I get back from Dublin on Wednesday. Thursday I leave to visit my friend Eleanor in Berlin, where she is studying abroad. It will be a quick visit: I fly out late Thursday night and land in London Saturday night.
Spring break is going to fly by! Classes will resume that Monday and it will be back to business as usual.

No comments:
Post a Comment