Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter basketcase? Not yet.

I have never missed a holiday. In 20 years, I have been with my family for every birthday, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. I’ve been known to make it home for sports events, long holiday weekends, and the dog’s birthday. This is the first Easter I will not attend church with my family, hunt eggs with my brother, or wish my grandmother “Happy Easter” on the phone.


I am pleasantly surprised with how okay I am this weekend. Part of it is I have visitors, travel, and school to keep me occupied. Miraculously the Easter bunny will find me tomorrow morning, and the Easter bunny’s mom found me earlier this week. My family and friends excel at letting me know they miss me and love me just when I need it the most, and I know I will be home before I know it. I know there are people who have missed many holidays, and really, what’s one? It’s not even my favorite.

Although, I do adore these boys. Easter last year and Easter next year will more then compensate for this one. London, give me some sun for the holiday tomorrow! I'm counting on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment