I know it’s late, but happy thanksgiving! It is my favorite holiday, and weekends like this last one are why. Corny as it is, there is no place I feel as secure and loved as at home, with my entire family laughing, talking, and teasing each other. We ate our way through the long weekend, drinking copious amounts of coffee, tea, and hot chocolate.
Thanksgiving is the launch of the holiday season. My Christmas carols get turned up as high as my speakers allow, cookies start popping up anywhere I can fit a Tupperware container, and I actually am disappointed when I finish my Christmas shopping. Christmas day is great, but the day after that is the biggest let down in the world to me. We have to start taking down decorations and I all I can think of are the months until I can pull out my holiday sock collection again.
This year, it is bittersweet knowing I will be leaving for 4 months. As excited as I am, there is nothing quite like home. Being away at school is different then being in a foreign country. You can’t just text your mom when you miss her. Therefore, I am going to enjoy this season as much as possible. Here’s to the holidays! May they be merry, snowy, and full of delicious foods.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment