Right now, London looms in front of me like this endless period of time. I find myself hesitant to plan ahead, unable to commit because “I’ll be in London.” I am going to be there for 4 months. 1 semester. 1/8th of my college career. A fraction of time.
When I think about how fast my days go, how quickly this semester has flown by, I wonder if 1 semester will be enough time to do everything I have been dreaming of experiencing. 16 weeks. 112 days. Then I go through a week that drags, or I find myself on the phone with a friend and I think I must be crazy. That is a long time. It might fly by, but what if it doesn’t? I’ve never gone more then 5 weeks without seeing my family! I am suppose to make it 15 weeks?!
But I can do it. I will. It will be okay.
I am embarking on a once-in-a-lifetime prospect. I am going to be experiencing something new and exciting, and yes, scary. But it’s 1 semester. 4 months. 16 weeks. 112 days. 1/8th of college. There is a finite amount of time. So I will enjoy it, remembering it is not forever. And in 5 months, when I am home again, lying on my couch watching TV with my mom and my dog, I am going to be so happy to be home, so appreciative of everything I will have missed, and so grateful for that amazing opportunity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment